An effective pass rush can change the tempo of the offense and decide games. In this article we will discuss different pass rushing techniques including how to line up and the proper stance.
- Have your legs shoulder width apart.
- Have your inside foot back and your outside foot forward.
- Balance your weight on the front foot while using the inside hand as the down hand.
- Without being off-sides, line up as close to the line of scrimmage as possible.
- You want to be about ½ to 2 yards off the offensive tackles outside shoulder.
- Aim your body for where you think the quarterback will be in his drop back.
Reading the Offensive Tackle:
- Read the way the tackle attempts to block you after the ball is snapped, then determine what kind of rush move you want to make.
- Be prepared to adjust your rush technique to his blocking, if you reach the tackle before the third step, you may have to change your pass rushing move.
Pass Rushing Drills:
- The Speed Rush Drill:
- Use this technique when the tackle is lined up to your inside.
- Get in the proper stance and line up accordingly.
- You want to explode out of your stance on the snap taking your first step with the inside leg.
- On the third step, plant on the ball of the insideufabet ทีเด็ดบอลสเต็ป foot, lowering your body, drive the inside arm up through the tackle.
- Pull the inside arm down, warp the outside arm around the tackle, use the outside foot to square your hips with the quarterback. Remember what ever direction your hips face is the direction you go.
- Alternative to wrapping the outside arm around the QB is to use both hands and force the opponents hands down.
The key to success is to always be moving towards the quarterback, make him feel the pressure.
Bull Rush Drill:
This drill is very effective when the tackle lines up directly in front of you.
- Line up close to the line of scrimmage and get into your stance.
- Explode of the line when the ball is snapped using the inside leg for your first step.
- Planting the ball of the inside foot on the third step, hit the opposing player putting your helmet under his chin. Do not spear, this can lead to serious neck injuries.
- Putting your hands on the tackles chest drive through him back to quarterback. For the best results, take short choppy steps; exert all your power driving the tackle back till you get to the quarterback.
In conclusion, you now know how to line up and the proper stance to create the most effective pass rush. The pass rushing drills listed are just a few of many ways to rush the passer. There are rushing the passer DVDs available, use the links belo